Pages

Monday, September 19, 2005

insight

Today, we were introduced to a patient who has a genetic condition. She was short in stature and has several disabilities. Listening to her experience in being 'disabled' yet abled in different ways, I remembered the many verses of Quran.

The concept of blessing. Till today and this very second you read this word, you are living under the blessing of the lord of the universe. Without His blessing, we are NOTHING. The patient we saw in front of us was taken away several blessings that were given to other people. Same goes to everyone. Not all people receive the same kind of blessing. Some are given the blessing of wealth, health and even the blessing of wisdom. Some are not.

Everytime I looked around, the sight of seeing people and nature remind me the greatness of Allah and the blessing that I have. I used to have the blessing of sharp vision. I can see minute details from far away. But now, the blessing is already taken away from me. I have to use spectacle to see the world. And without my spectacles, the world seems blurry indeed. Yet, I am not complaining about the blessing that I does not have. I am grateful to Allah.

Alhamdulillah, despite I don't have the blessing of good vision, He still gave me the biggest blessing of all blessings. The blessing of Islam and Iman. Alhamdulillah.

Look around us. Take time to ponder on the greatness of islam and iman. See what have happened to the people without of these blessings.

Alhamdullillah, although my deeds are not that significant, Allah still gave me time to repent to Him. Alhamdullillah, I am still alive at this very moment to write the sentences on this blog. My time in this world, it is up to Allah to decide on that.

"Then which of the favours of your Lord deny will you deny? [55:13]"

"Has there not been over man a long period of time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned? [76 :001]"

To be able to see the world, to be able to breathe the air....everything point to the Creator, Allah SWT.

"Blessed is He in Whose hand is the dominion, and He is able to do all things. [67:1]"


No comments: