Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established
(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine,
(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle,
(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars)
(4) earthquakes will increase in number
(5) time will pass quickly,
(6) afflictions will appear,
(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,
(8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,
(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings,
(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place
(11) and till the sun rises from the West.
So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."
Sahih Bukhari (Volume 9, Book 88, Number 237)
Yesterday, there was another big earthquake hitting the South East Asia and the Indian Ocean in general. With a sheer magnitude of 8.7 on Richter scale, that was certainly provoking dreadful fear throughout the affected nations. Even my hometown felt the vibration of the powerful earthquake.
I still remember my Geography teacher used to taught me that Malaysia is a safe place to be. It was protected from the earthquakes or volcanoes eruption. Now, the facts is changing. Malaysia is no longer safe. Each and everyone of us can be affected by the earthquake happening at neighbouring country.
When the end of times is near, earthquakes will increase in number, quoting from the above hadith. The tsunami that hit on December was 9.0 on Richter scale and the latest was 8.7. This is very close to cause another big tsunami.
Is this another reminder from the Creator on the coming of Judgement Day? Is this another warning from the Guardian of all universe on our filthy life full of disobedience towards Him?
What ever the question that struck our thought now, we should always remember that death is inevitable. Whether we were trapped from tsunami waves or not, the death will catch us eventually. Are we ready yet to meet the death call?
Life is a mirror. Reflect on the past, present and the future. Muhasabah always.
more news from NST