Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

STATA

STATA is a statistical software commonly used by researcher to analyse their data. I have been using this software since last week. This software is based on command that used word such as 'if' 'or' 'and' etc. Below is the screenshot. I was calculating the incidence rate of my variable of interest. It took me few hours to understand the syntax (the arrangement of command word) and I have to prepare mock database just to ensure that I did the right thing.

There are three things that I need to analyse for my data. I have done 2 and only left with one more. The last one is a bit tough and probably need to refer statistician or medical statistic book.
After I am done with this statistics, I can hopefully finish my thesis within few weeks :). This is afterall, the second last stage in research.

No comments: