Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

OSCE

Today the university announced the timetable for my OSCE. OSCE stands for Objective Structured Clinical Examination and it comprises few stations.

At each station, there are various things that you need to do. You may be required to interview a patient and find out the cause of his/her problem or to examine a patient and explain to the examiner what you have found. Or you could be expected to take blood.

There will be an examiner on each station and they will ask specific questions pertaining to the station. Sometimes, the questions could be difficult especially when you are too nervous. I hope that I am able to calm down.

All the stations carry the same mark and there is minimum mark for OSCE. If our mark is below the minimum mark, we will fail and need to repeat the entire OSCE again. This is a hurdle requirement. I need to get at least a pass mark in this exam.

This time, the university allocated the group according to the student ID number. There are 20 of us who are from the same college, Mara College Banting, in University of Melbourne and all of us have similar first 4 digits in our student number. There are 6 digits in student ID number. That means in the exam, if the student are arranged according to student number, we will be next to each other.

In this year OSCE, I think all persons in my group will be from Mara College Banting. It doesn't really matter since all of us will be anxious and nervous at that time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got some notes I got off my seniors. dont know if you want them. if you do let me know through email

all the best ;)
whats the subject for these osces by the way?

Hafiz said...

thank you. I will email you straight away :)