Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ramadhan

It will come within few days. It is the time of the year where one should reflect how much he/she has improved since previous Ramadhan. I'm not saying that we should only reflect when Ramadhan is near. In fact, we should contemplate on our actions every day. What I meant was to use Ramadhan as a measure of our deeds within a year.
Abu Huraira reported: Verily the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Five (daily) prayers and from one Friday prayer to the (next) Friday prayer, and from Ramadhan to Ramadhan are expiatious for the (sins) committed in between (their intervals) provided one shuns the major sins.

[Sahih Muslim, Book of Purification, Hadith no 450]
As I reflect back upon this year, I realised that there are too many mistakes that I've committed. I ought to improve and strive to conquer my own desire. Astaghfirullah.

O Allah, please help me to be sincere in practising Islam as it should be. O Allah, grant me strength and wisdom to stay in the path of truth. Amin.

Muslims by choice.

No comments: