Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

closer to the grave

Alhamdulillah, I have been blessed to be given 26 years to live in this world.

Whenever I went to the ward, the average age of the patient would be around 75 years old. 26 years seems not a long period to me. I gained lots of reminder each time I met an elderly patient. Looking at their face and thinking of what sort of experience they have gained in the past, it helps me to re-orientate myself to the reality of this world.

Every time you reach an anniversary of your life, you are one step closer to the graveyard. It may seem far for now, yet sooner or later, you will meet the judgement day.

Sometimes, I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate my own birthday. Maybe unconsciously, I'm afraid that I will realise that all this while, I have been wasting my time. I hope that in the past 26 years, I have done enough good deeds and repent for all my sins to Allah and for any wrongdoings to any human being that I have met in the past. Insha-Allah, I will try my best to be a better person and controlling all my negative attitudes.

I'm grateful for all the birthday wishes that I received. I hope that everyone will remain steadfast in Islam. Happy Ramadan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salam.
Selamat ya...menjejak usia 26 tahun.(countdown juga lagi +-5 hari). Selamat berRamadhan...

-nihas