Pages

Monday, December 01, 2008

Revision Day 1

We will be having three day of formal revision with the lecturers prior to the exam. Today is the first day and the revision was on paediatric and adolescent health.

There were many topics discussed and at the end of the day, I realised that there are lot that I don't know yet especially dermatology. The dermatologist showed us lots of pictures for spot diagnosis.

There are several differential diagnosis said by the medical students and most of the term were quite unfamiliar to my ear except one, Trichotillomania. I mentioned this condition earlier this year biggrin [read the post].

Trichotillomania is common among students who will be sitting for exam and I had to laugh when the dermatologist suggest for psychologist referral for someone with this condition. I don't think it is a serious condition unless you lose a lot of your own hair.

No comments: