Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

end of Paediatrics

Today is the last day of my paediatric rotation. After 9 weeks of fun with the children and adolescents, it is over.

Personally, I think the paediatric rotation is interesting but not as organised compared to my previous rotation, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I'm still not sure how much I should know and what should I prepare for the coming exam. Paediatric rotation is similar to the general medicine and surgery rotation that I had last year, except instead of learning it in one whole year; this time I learned it in 9 weeks and this time the patient is smaller than adult and wear nappies razz.

I will list down the conditions/diseases that I have seen in my tutorials and outpatient clinics. It is totally varied from one medical student to another depending on how enthusiastic you are in getting involved in managing patients.
Few of the diseases are extremely rare and many of these diseases are common. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see wide range of diseases which will widened my clinical experience.

I might consider paediatric as one option of my future career but first, I need to pass the exam.

4 comments:

أم الليث said...

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH!!
and u said u weren't a diligent student. blahhhhhh la!

Hafiz said...

I thought I had a shorter list than yours, but after I wrote the post, I just realised it is a bit longer, although few of them are rare conditions. Sorry for that.

Anonymous said...

fuhhh. list yg pjg. kebanyakan istilah - lgsg tak penah jumpa ^-^

Hafiz said...

kebanyakan istilah tu memang jarang didengar dan sukar untuk dijumpa :)