Pages

Friday, February 11, 2005

departing from summer holiday...

This 14th February....I will start my new semester. After peacefully enjoying every bit of serenity of three months long summer holiday, now I have to enter the world of struggle and hardship again!

Either I would like to embrace the coming semester or not, that is not the question. I have to mentally prepared myself to face the coming semester. With new faces in my PBL group and the old faces in the ICM and prac group, I wonder how this would decorate my semester. 9 am lectures, aeon pracs looking over the dead bodies, domination in PBL, attachment at God-knows-where hospital (hopefully it is not that far away)....hopefully, I can endure all of this again.

I still cannot imagine that this holiday is already at its end, hoping at the very least that the coming semester will not bring me too many despair and hopelessness in it.

But I ought to be optimistic not pessimistic. Life is a struggle. Life is uncharted ocean of experience. Endure it using the oar of wisdom and the wind of courage. When the goings get tough, the tough gets going.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

An insighful poem. Always learned new meaning everytimes contemplate on the poem.

wassalam.

No comments: