Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2005

fragmented neurons

I was memorising nmemonics of this week...

TLC, FRC, IC, RV, VC, FVC, FEV1 when suddenly these words popped out of nowhere... MCV, DRE, IVC, SVC...

Certainly something wrong have happened to my neurons. To those non-medical readers, the former list of nmemonics were all related to respiratory physiology. TLC - total lung capacity, FRC - functional residual capacity, IC - inspiratory capacity, RV - residual volume, VC - vital capacity, FVC - forced vital capacity, FEV 1 - forced expired capacity in 1 second...

but the latter list were not all related to the respiratory physiology. MCV - mean corpuscular volume, one type of blood test; DRE - digital rectal examination, physical examination on the rectum; IVC - inferior vena cava, main vein in the body; SVC - superior vena cava, another important vein in the body;

Seemingly my neurons are fragmented. It is not surprising that I got little headache in learning all those jargons. Those abbreviations I couldn't delete it forever since I will used it the clinical years and when I treat the patients later. As the computer need to be maintained frequently by defragmentation and partition...hmm, I guess I need to do a little bit of 'defragmentation' of those neurons this very weekend. Too much info being trapped into my precious neurons. Need to sort it out before I lose control of the massive information of the world of medicine....

Too many abbreviations in this world of medicine. Every letter mean something in everything....I really need to fix my neurons now...


No comments: